Bergamo is a living Museum
The city of Bergamo is not only a wonderful open air museum, but it also offers a number of art galleries and museums scattered around the city and the Province, which tell the stories of the historical, artistic and cultural heritage of the territory.
Which are the most interesting museums?
In the city the Accademia Carrara Art Gallery is the most important one, it boasts masterpieces of paintings dating from the 14th to the 19th centuries.
Another musem worth a visit is GAMeC – a contemporary art gallery, with a collection of modern and contemporary art.
For those who are fond of natural science the Natural Science Museum E. Caffi, established in 1918, is not to be missed.
The collection of the Civico Museo Archeologico takes the visitor on a journey through history, from the roman age to the medieval age.
The different seats of the Museo delle Storie di Bergamo provide the visitor with a deep knowledge of the history, economy, society and the life of the city through the centuries.
- Campanone: the Civic Tower: from the top of this landmark you can enjoy an amazing view of Piazza Vecchia and the historical district skyline.
- Palazzo del Podestà con il Museo del Cinquecento: an evocative, interactive and multimedia itinerary that takes the visitor back to the venetian Bergamo of the 1500s, housed in an amazing building overlooking Piazza Vecchia.
- Museo dell’Ottocento located in the Rocca fortress: here you’ll discover the age of Resurgence (Risorgimento), when Italy was unified and the legend of the Bergamo of the Thousand was born.
Finally, two museums are dedicated to one of the most renowned citizens of Bergamo: the opera composer Gaetano Donizetti.
People passionate about opera and others can visit the Birthplace of the musician and the Museo Donizettiano: you’ll learn about Donizetti’s life, his work, and his personality thanks to a great collection of objects, paintings, documents and other memorabilia
Why do I suggest to visit a museum in Bergamo?
Because every visitor can find a museum suitable for their taste and passion and by doing so will get a deeper experience of the city.
- Every itinerary can be tailor made and modified according to the customer needs.
- Private transport available on request.